When your organization needs to communicate with its constituents on an ongoing basis, an email campaign can be an effective solution. OpenScholar supports easy integration with MailChimp, an affordable, third party email campaign management provider.
Mailchimp handles all the newsletter functionality (creation, management, delivery) and the OpenScholar Mailing List functionality allows your site visitors an area where they can sign up to receive your newsletter from Mailchimp. Troubleshooting & how-to questions about the Mailchimp functionality should be directed to Mailchimp Support.
Here's how to get started:
- Set up a MailChimp account.
- Watch the MailChimp training videos to learn how to use the service, from managing lists to creating an email template.
- Locate your Mailchimp API Key
- Add your Mailchimp API key to the Mailchimp section of your OpenScholar Global Site Settings.
- Use the OpenScholar Mailchimp subscription widget to add a newsletter sign-up form on your site.